4/3/08

Post Surgery

Not Jazz. Me! I had a bicycle accident last August. This was to repair a torn ligament in my left thumb from that accident. I had the surgery on April 1st. So this is "day two". The swelling is down as I'm able to wiggle my thumb a tiny bit, which is all it takes for it to hurt quite a bit!

As painful as it is, it's a welcome "good hurt" instead of the nagging mild ache of something broken and no longer working.

Jazz wasn't pleased with me the day of surgery. The odd odor of my wrapped hand/wrist bothered her. I'm sure it had that "hospital" chemical odor to it, which I would imagine her not liking very much as she really dislikes hand sanitizer. So, she was thrilled to have me come home but wasn't very snuggly. Snif.

Yesterday about mid-day I was sitting at the computer when Jazz came over, sat at my chair, looked up at me and wagged her tail vigorously. She had come around! I invited her into my lap where she lept quickly and threw her body against me. Someone was making up for lost time and it seemed to officially be "snuggle time".

After an afternoon of snuggling on the couch, she seems to have returned to being her old self. I guess that makes me okay! My follow up appointment is on the 10th. I expect the stitches to come out then.

No comments: